This Policy covers Company’s treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and other information about you and your computer or device that Company gathers when you are accessing the Service. Also, this Policy covers Company’s treatment of any Personal Information that Company acquires from the publishers whose publications are offered for sale on the Service (“Participating Publishers”) and from our other business partners This Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Company does not own or control, or to individuals that Company does not employ or manage.
2. Why does the company collect my PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve the Service.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US:
The types of Personal Information collected by Company include your e-mail address, name, phone number, billing information, shipping address and third-party account credentials (for example, your log-in credentials for Facebook or other third party sites). If you provide your third-party account credentials to us, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts (“Third Party Account Information”) may be transmitted into your account with us if you authorize such transmissions, and that Third Party Account Information transmitted to the Service is covered by this Policy. We may ask for additional information such as age, gender, hobbies and interests. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. For example, if you wish to purchase content or a subscription on the Site, you will need to provide us with the required information to fulfill the purchase. We retain the Personal Information as long as needed for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required to be retained by law. We also collection certain Personal Information that you provide about recipients when you purchase gift subscriptions, as well as your Personal Information that we receive from users who purchase gift subscriptions for you.
The Personal Information you provide to us is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new products.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Service. Company automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, the name and identity of your computer, mobile device and other devices, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, connection speed, local information based on IP address, and, with your consent, as derived from GPS or similar features on your mobile device and other devices.
- Generally, the Site automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of user visits to our website and its components, which titles are accessed through the Service, and the length and time a user may spend reading those titles, all of which are similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show and how long they watched. Company may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Service so that we can make the Service appealing to as many users as possible, and improve the Service. The Service also collects information about your purchases and activities on the Service, which we may use to present you with offers that we believe may be of interest to you. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our Participating Publishers and other third parties about how our users, collectively, use the Service. We share this type of statistical data so that our Participating Publishers and other third parties also understand how often people use their products and services and our Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Company will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, and while you will not be able to purchase or view content or engage in any other transactions if we don’t know who you are, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
5. Children’s Privacy.
Our Service is not for or Directed Towards Children. Our primary audience is adults. We do not intend to and will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13; children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Site without parent/guardian supervision. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information immediately and delete if from our servers (subject to applicable law and this Policy). If you believe information from a child under the age of 13 has been provided to us, please notify us at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend that children over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the internet.
6. E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS:
We often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Company if your computer or device supports this type of program. We use this confirmation to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, you may opt out of Company’s marketing and promotional messaging by adjusting the settings in your account information. Until you terminate your account with us, you will not be able to opt-out of e-mails providing account related information such as billing, renewal or legal notices.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES:
For purposes such as improving personalization of the Service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
8. WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer or device to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people.
9. WILL COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share your Personal Information only (a) with entities that control, are controlled by or are under common ownership or control with Company, (b) with Participating Publishers, and (c) as described below. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
Our Participating Publishers: We share Personal Information about you and data about your purchases and use of the Service with our Participating Publishers so that they may fulfill your purchase and improve their involvement with the Service. Participating Publishers may also use such information to send you offers for other publications and products that they think might be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of receiving such offers. Our Participating Publishers may also use your Personal Information and aggregated information to serve ads and offers to you through the Service, and otherwise in accordance with their applicable privacy policies.
Merchants: In addition to our Participating Publishers, we work closely with a certain other businesses (“Merchants”), which you will easily be able recognize by attribution within the Service. In certain situations, Merchants may operate stores on or through the Service or sell publications or other products or services to you through the Service. In other situations, we provide services, or sell products jointly, with Merchants. We will share user information that is related to your transactions with the applicable Merchants. For example, we may allow Merchants to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers, and we may provide information we have collected from you to a Merchant in non-personally-identifiable form, in order for that Merchant to select the appropriate audience for its advertisements and/or offers. We may also use your interest in a publication about a certain subject (e.g., fashion) to show you ads for products and services related to that Subject from Merchants, but we do not tell those Merchants who you are. Similarly, if you a review a Merchant through the Service, we may provide aggregate data we’ve collected about you to that Merchant so that the Merchant may provide you and its other users with an optimal experience, but, again, we will not tell such Merchant who you are.
Service Providers: We retain other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages/sending postal mail/sending email/removing repetitive information from user lists/analyzing data/providing marketing assistance/processing credit card payments/and providing customer service. Unless we tell you differently, Company’s service providers do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses or allow third parties to offer promotions on the Service. Certain information you provide through the Service or related to such promotional offers, including Personal Information, will be shared in connection with the offer or transaction. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address unless you authorize us to do so (with the exception of information given to our Participating Publishers, as discussed above). If you do not wish to receive these offers, please adjust the settings in your account information.
Third Party Advertisers: We may, in the future, serve ads on or through the Service from third parties who are neither Participating Publishers nor Merchants. In that event, we may share certain information about you with such advertisers so that they can present you with offers that are relevant to you.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Company, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information may be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Company may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this Policy.
10. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU SECURE?
We allow you to limit access to your account via a password for your privacy and security. You are responsible for ensuring against unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to encrypt your Personal Information during transmission. However, because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, Company cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information in its possession or the security of its servers or databases. By using the Service you agree to assume all risk in connection with the Personal Information sent to or collected by Company when you use the Service. In the unlikely event that Company believes that the security of your Personal Information in its possession or control may have been compromised, Company may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, Company may notify you by e-mail, messaging to your device, or other means.
11. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN YOU ACCESS?
Company allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information: e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, name, marketing preferences and the Participating Publishers’ account number(s) (in the case of print subscriptions). This list may change as the Service changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at Next Issue Media LLC, 4600 Bohannon Drive, Suite 100, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA , Attn: Legal.
12. WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to use, even though it may be needed to make a purchase or take advantage of certain Company features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- Upon your written request to email@example.com, we will remove your Personal Information from our active user database provided that (a) you are current with all payment obligations, (b) we do not believe it reasonably necessary to keep such information for any pending legal action, and (c) we are under no obligation to retain such information. Please be aware that any unfulfilled subscriptions may be canceled without refund and you will have to re-register in order to use the Service. It is your responsibility to request a refund from us or the appropriate merchant. Please note that, although we remove you from our active user database, some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing e-mails, you may opt-out by changing your preferences in your account settings. Please note that while you are an active user, you may not opt out of certain account related e-mails such as legal notices from us, or updates regarding this Policy, those legal notices will still govern your use of the Service, and you are responsible for reviewing such legal notices for changes.
13. CONSENT TO TRANSFER
Information you provide to Company will be collected and stored in the United States. By providing personal information to Company, you hereby consent to such collection and storage.
14. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
15. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy in connection with the Service, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective date: November 1, 2016